Monday, November 16, 2015

Q&A with New Sponsor San Francyle

We recently stopped by to see Tommy Pham, the designer behind San Francycle, and he was kind enough to answer a few questions. Started in 2012, this new sponsor designs tees and sweatshirts (very soft fabric!). The shop on Larkin is open 7 days a week, and they are also a part of the Open Late on Larkin lineup. You can also find their products at these other city spots.

What are the ideas behind your brand?

TP: SFC San Francycle is Casual Cyclist Clothing. We want to represent the casual side of cycling without the jerseys and kits for your commute to work, a ride around town or just hanging with your friends.

How did you become a cyclist?

TP: My dad put me on a bike at 6yrs old. In my adult life I started riding again when I moved to NYC in 2003. It was the best way to get to know the city. I instantly fell back in love with the sense of freedom you get while cycling. As I got back into cycling I learned more about frames, wheels and parts. I starting tinkering with building my own bike and found a some therapy in the process.

Describe your dream bicycle.

TP: I have my dream track bike a Nagasawa 80's frame built with Sugino cranks and chainrings. Nitto bars and customized Sheriff star Campagnolo hubs. It took some time to collect and build but it's totally worth it. My dream road bike would be a a Raleigh Grand Prix from the 70's with all OEM. Wish I had the time to work on that project but time is very precious these days with 2 kids.

No comments: